How does the course work?
Detailed class notes covering the content of each module are e-mailed to students. At the end of each module, students will be required to complete practical exercises, as well as a task for assessment. In total, the course consists of six activities and seven marked assignments.
Once the writing assignment has been completed, and e-mailed to the lecturer, an assessment and feedback will be sent to the student, and the module will be considered complete.
Conditions of Certification:
Students will receive an NZ Writers College Certificate upon successful completion of the course, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Students must have completed all assignments.
- The course must have been completed within 12 months of registration.
Minimum Estimated Time Commitment:
We allow up to one month per session but you are encouraged to keep this down to between one and two weeks in order for the course to have some momentum. You will always be in contact with your facilitator so you can discuss the schedule.
After studying the session notes, the exercises should take between one and three hours to complete.
Cover design and editing may well rely on an outside expert, and you can expect delays around this.
Need more advice about the best course for you?
We would love to chat to you if you have any questions about our writing courses.
If you need some advice about the best course or writing field for you, drop us a line or give Koos or Nichola a call at 09 550 4635. We can tell you about going rates in the field, chance of publishing success and general writing career options both in New Zealand and internationally.
- If you have questions about how we work, we have information in our FAQ section and How We Train section.
- If you want to pay off your course fee, please read the information here.
- For information on our refund policy, please read our policies here.
- To register for the course, please click here: